Swordfish Computing is an R&D software engineering services company working within the Australian Defence sector. We work on a range of exciting software projects: large scale simulators, cloud-technology based platforms, drones, machine learning systems, and more.
We have experienced senior engineers to help mentor and guide you during your placement. There are many opportunities to learn and grow within the team. We will take the time to get to know you and your interests to find where you fit best.
We are a rapidly growing company and have a great need for people with genuine interest and passion for technology. We have several opportunities for internship placements, with very tangible follow-on career opportunities likely to be available for successful candidates.
You will work as part of a team involved in R&D software development. There are many, varied projects within Swordfish which all need software engineering skills and knowledge such as: software development in a variety of languages, writing clean code, hardware integration, version control systems, and software engineering processes.
Are you the sort of person who really enjoys: making things, being innovative, applied research, critical thinking, maths/physics? We offer a supportive environment where you will be given opportunities to apply your skills, learn, and grow. Our senior engineers will guide and mentor you during your internship. You will be able to make a significant contribution to the project you work on. When you have been selected, we will find the right place for you within our team.
Gain experience with:
● Working in a professional R&D team
● Software and systems engineering practices and processes
● Working on complex (but solvable) software problems
● Building software with modern technology
● Software development with languages such as C++, C#, or Python
● Australian Citizenship. We will sponsor a Baseline Security Clearance
● A final year undergraduate student in a software-related field
● Experience with developing software
Other criteria we look for
● An interest in working in Defence
● A passion for technology